The Forensic Toxicology Section provides analytical services in medicolegal death investigations (postmortem analysis), driving while intoxicated (DWI) by alcohol and/or drugs, and investigations to support medical examiners, law enforcement agencies, the justice system, and other customers.
Laboratory staff apply a wide variety of state-of-the-art instrumental techniques in the course of their casework to include:
- Blood Alcohol & Volatiles Analysis
- Urine Alcohol & Volatiles Analysis
- Blood Drug Analysis (Qualitative)
- Blood Drug Analysis (Quantitative)
- Urine Drug Analysis (Qualitative)
Our Forensic Toxicology Section is incredibly thankful for our partners and collaborators who support our efforts.